Friday, December 11, 2009

FIRED

Today was my last day at a company that I helped to build from the ground up...working late into the nights when I was pregnant with Gabriel, keeping him in the store while I worked and Tony worked in the processing plant, back in the days when we weren't sure the company was ever going to make it, but it did make it, and 8 years later Tony and myself are now gone from the company that we knew from the inside out, it is pretty devastating!



The creamery is fine, but Tony left for his reasons and I was fired. This is not the first time my family has fired me (I guess I am a sucker for punishment)...I worked hard, was honest and did my job to the best of my ability, I took great pride in my work but it was never appreciated. I don't wish any ill-will on South Mountain Creamery, but it is time for me to move on.


Being that it is a family business, I currently have no family, how do you have a relationship with the very people that accuse you of being dishonest and trying to ruin the very business we built from the ground up?


I was in such a dark place all afternoon and I had to find some peace so I started reading the book of James, it spoke volumes to me! I realized that I said some pretty horrible things to my family and I need to apologize, not that this will heal the relationship because frankly it has been shaky for many, many years, but at least I know that I am right with God and I am trying to change my wrongdoings.


Here are a few versus that spoke to me;


"My dear brothers and sisters, be quick to listen, slow to speak, and slow to get angry. Your anger can never make things right in God's sight." James 2:19-20





"So also, the tongue is a small thing, but what enormous damage it can do. A tiny spark can set a great forest on fire. And the tongue is a flame on fire. It is full of wickedness that can ruin your whole life." James 3: 5-6





"So humble yourselves before God. Resist the Devil, and he will flee from you. Draw close to God, and God will draw close to you. wash your hands you sinner; purify your hearts you hypocrites. Let there be tears for the wrong things you have done. Let there be sorrow and deep grief. Let there be sadness instead of laughter, and gloom instead of joy. When you bow down before the Lord and admit your dependence on him, he will lift you up and give you honor." James 4: 7-10